We’re excited to share these upcoming scholarships with students residing in the North region of CA! Whether you’re ready to start the application process today or not, the Let’s Go team advises that you save these opportunities and get connected with the organizations who allocate these funds to further support your education.
As always, good luck with the process! If you have any questions or would like to access additional scholarship opportunities, follow us on Instagram @gotocollegeca
Each year the Dare-to-Dream Scholarship Program provides higher education funding opportunities for a number of current or former foster high school graduates and GED recipients in VOA’s service areas. Scholarships are given to former foster youth who are motivated to attend college in order to build emotional, financial and social security.
- Current or former foster youth living or have lived in Northern California
- Be a 2023 graduating high school student or has already earned a high school diploma or GED
- Accepted or expects to be accepted to an accredited 4-year college/university, community college or vocational program
- Current GPA of 2.0 or higher
April 14, 2023
Each year, CLF selects 40-45 students to be part of the Leadership & Scholarship Program. As a recipient, awardees will participate in a year long program in the following ways:
- Awardees will attend all Leadership Institute sessions in August 2023 and February 2024
- Awardees will receive a scholarship of $1,500, which is split into two payments.
- Awardees will be invited to attend the Annual Award Dinner in January 2024.
- Awardees will act as CLF Ambassador for 10 hours during the 2024 Application cycle by completing outreach on their campuses
- Self-identify as a Chicana and/or Latina
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, San Francisco, Sonoma, or Yolo
- Commit to attending the CLF Leadership Institute Sessions & CLF Annual Awards Dinner
- Commit to volunteering 10 hours as a CLF ambassador before March 2024
March 31, 2023
10,000 Degrees proudly provides scholarships to students with significant financial need who exhibit a strong desire to go to college and accomplish their educational goals. Scholarship recipients will receive one-to-one support from trained Fellows who provide the student with ongoing mentorship both on campus and off during their entire college journey. After a student graduates, they will also have access to Career and Alumni Success services, and will be invited to stay connected to 10,000 Degrees through their Alumni LinkedIn group and Young Professionals and Alumni Council networking group!
- Must demonstrate financial need in pursuit of your first associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, teaching credential, or certification for a technical program
- Must be enrolled in 12 academic units or more
- Must be a student in the Bay Area: Marin, Sonoma, San Francisco, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Napa, and Lake counties.
- Must have completed either the FAFSA or the California Dream Act Application
Rolling-basis until all funds are distributed
The Don and Roy Splawn Charitable Foundation West Scholarship Grant Program is open to financially disadvantaged students who wish to further their pursuit of post secondary education; whether it be of an academic or vocational nature.
- Must be a High School Senior
- CA resident
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must have a 2.6 GPA and above
- Must engage in paid or unpaid Community Service Extracurricular Activities
$200 – $2,000
April 9, 2023