LA College Comeback

The LA College Comeback is a digital campaign that supports LA County students who paused their education and want to return to college, no matter the backstory.


Reignite Your Higher Education Journey!

Meet With A Comeback Navigator For Free!

After you complete our interest form, a Comeback Navigator will reach out to you to schedule a 1:1 counseling session and connect with resources to help you return to college. Resources include: applying for FAFSA, finding the right college, academic planning, transfer support, and peer students to speak to virtually or through a phone call.


Click on each navigator to learn more about their educational background.

 Explore Colleges in LA County. 

Use the interactive map below to find your nearby college in LA County. You can find college addresses, contact information and  website addresses with relevant returning student resources.

University of California campuses
California State University campuses
California Community College campuses

Don’t know know where to start? Download our Self Help Tools. 

Here are guides you can follow step by step to jump back into your educational career. If you are in need of additional support please fill out our interest form above. 


5 Tips for Returning Students

Tips to keep in mind as you prepare for your comeback.

Student Checklist

This checklist outlines the steps you should take if you want to start or return to college!

Academic Renewal

Worried about your previous grades? Learn more about how to submit a petition for Academic Renewal today!

5 Tips for New College Students

Tips to keep in mind as you prepare to enter college for the first time as a comeback student.

Advising a Peer to Return to College

If you want to support a student start or return to college, check out this guide!

Deciding Your Comeback

Get inspired to start for the first time or resume your college education by reading this guide!

Frequently Asked Questions

Scroll through each toggle for more information on frequently asked questions (FAQ’s).

I graduated high school, took a gap-year(s), but I never enrolled into college. Am I considered a Comeback student?
Yes! As long as you have been out of school for more than a year, you are considered a Comeback student for our program. Please fill out our interest form so you can speak to one of our Comeback Navigators to help you 1:1. We can help guide and support you as you begin your higher education journey! 
If I am a first-time applicant, what do I need to enroll in a college or university?
  • Have your personal information (Name, Address, DOB, etc.) ready. 
  • Collect financial information so you can apply for financial aid. You will need your parent’s financial Information if you are 24 years old or younger. There are a few exceptions, please read here or schedule an appointment with us to learn more. 
  • A copy of your high school diploma and transcripts
How do I find what classes I still need to graduate? 
Every student’s education plan is different. Please fill out our interest form so you can speak to one of our Comeback Navigators to help you 1:1. We can help guide you to determine your requirements for graduation. You can also try to make an appointment with a counselor or advisor at the college campus you are seeking to re-enroll in so they can review your transcripts with you.
I have attended a few different colleges over the years in various attempts to complete my degree. How do I begin my Comeback journey?
If you attended multiple colleges, the best thing to do is gather all your transcripts from all the schools to see what classes you have passed with a “C” or better. From there you can determine what classes you have received credit for to transfer those credits into the school you will be attending soon. Please see your school’s admissions office or visit their website for more information on how to request transcripts. Our Comeback Navigators can also help you through this process!
I still owe my old college/university money. Can I start school even if I have a past-due balance on my record?
Every student’s financial situation is different. Depending on how long you have owed your school money, it may have resulted in a financial hold on your account. If this is the case, you can talk to your school to see how much that amount is and if any assistance is available to remove this hold. Please fill out our interest form so you can speak to one of our Comeback Navigators to help you 1:1. We can help guide you through this process to determine what can be done on your behalf. Do not let this fact steer you away from asking! 
I went to my college and they told me I owe money from an old federal grant or loan overpayment. Can I still get financial aid? 
If you enrolled into courses and received financial aid for those courses, but you did not pass them or you dropped them, you will owe all or a portion of that money back. If this is the case, you may not be eligible for financial aid until those funds are paid back. This can also result in a hold on your account that can also prevent you from being able to enroll in courses. Your school’s Financial Aid office should be able to give you more information on how much that exact dollar amount is and how to resolve this issue.
I left school because I was academically disqualified. Can I still go back?
Yes! Depending on how long it’s been since you have been disqualified, you can fill out an appeal form with your school to re-enroll. Please see your school’s Admissions Office or visit their website for more information. You may also be able to find this information in your school’s College Catalog. 
I applied for the FAFSA or CADAA when I was going to school. If I go back to school, do I have to re-apply to get Financial Aid?
Yes! All students must fill out the FAFSA or CADAA on a yearly basis if they wish to be considered for Financial Aid. 
OK, I am ready to re-enroll in school! What forms will I need?
To start your journey back to school, you will need to start by submitting an application to the school you wish to attend. When you are accepted, your school will give you a list of any additional forms, if needed.