The CalFresh Program is for people with low-income who meet federal income eligibility rules. CalFresh provides you with a budget to put healthy and nutritious food on the table.
CalFresh is a state program that awards you up to $193 a month for groceries.
If you are a student, you can get CalFresh if you:
- Work at least 20hrs/wk, on average, OR
- Are approved for state or federal work-study money and anticipate working during the term, OR
- Are a full-time student with a child under age 12
- For further requirements, click here.
- More special rules for students and exceptions click here.
To begin signing up for CalFresh, select your county and get started. You will need to submit proof of your situation.
- Documents that are usually required to get CalFresh:
- Copy of ID
- Proof of any income
- Proof of immigration status (for non-citizens)
- Proof of student status (for college students)
- What if you can’t get proof?
- Tell the caseworker during the interview. CalFresh generally accepts a sworn statement as last resort.
Apply now online at https://www.getcalfresh.org/