On June 15, 2012, an executive order created Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) for immigrant youth. Individuals who meet a specific eligibility may apply to receive work authorization and protection from removal action. The program is subject to renewal every two years.
Updates On Renewals
- Renewals may now be filed online
- First-time applications are not accepted
- Advance parole is available
July 6, 2022 Hearing
- The DACA case of Texas v. The United States is still pending a final decision in a federal court in the Southern District of Texas. Arguments were heard on the case for the first time on July 6th. Legal experts believe this case will make its way to the Supreme Court. A long legal battle is still ahead for DACA!
How Can Allies Help?
- Support undocumented owned business or donate to DACA funds
- Businesses you can support on Instagram:
- @quherencia (WOC & Immigrant Owned Business)
- Website: https://quherencia.com/
- @adelitasapparel (Immigrant and Latina owned business with a DACA fund available)
- Website: https://adelitasapparel.com
DACA and Higher Ed
- FACT: In CA you don’t need DACA to go to college or receive financial aid! Undocumented students can pursue a higher-ed with or without DACA in CA.
- Instagram Resource: @prepareweb